Dealing with cramps every month can be as frustrating as it is painful. Luckily, there are a
many remedies that might help you relieve period cramps. It’s important to remember that
these techniques won’t always work, especially for chronic conditions, but they can offer
relief for mild to moderate period pain.
1. Drink 4 to 6 glasses of water in a day.
2. Apply heat using a heating pad to the cramp areas.
3. Take OTC medicines when you start feeling cramps.
4. Reduce stress through meditation or deep breathing.
5. Try practising some yoga poses to ease menstrual pain.
6. Reduce caffeine that causes your blood vessels to narrow.
7. Massage with essential oils for about 20 minutes to relieve pain.
8. Drinking herbal tea is the natural way to relieve menstrual cramps.
9. Gentle exercises releases endorphins that reduce pain and relax your muscles.
10. Avoid foods high in sugar, trans fat and salt that causes bloating and inflammation.